Thursday, August 16, 2007

Clean Sweep--my version.

Are any of you pack-rats? I for sure am! I think that crafters in general tend to keep a lot of "stuff" because we are creative and think "why throw that away I am sure I can use it again or alter it to make something else!" I was also raised in a home where we didn't have a lot of extra money, so I was taught to be thrifty and not throw things away that I might need later. To top it off I am also very sentimental and will keep things just for the memories that I have from the item. Can anyone relate at all???

This week my job has been to go through my house and throw away stuff that I have packed away or stored, but don't really need. (This includes, but isn't limited to, clothes that I have outgrown, papers I don't need to keep, and house decorations I will never use.) I would show you a "before" picture, but I am waaaaayyyy too embarrassed to do that. I would show you a "middle" of the way picture, but it looks worse than the "before" ;) (you know how you take everything out and it sits in the middle of the floor looking like...well, junk?) Hopefully soon I will be able to show an "after" picture with my whole house organized!!
...And if I don't blog for a few days you might want to come looking for me in case my closet avalanched on me. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jen,
love the idea! To put it in writing keeps you accountable too.
I had a friend who was on the "Clean Sweep" show...let me know if you ever want to see it!

p.s. love your Blog! You are in my Favorites....

Olga

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails