Wednesday, October 24, 2007

California Fires

I am sure that most of you have heard about all of the fires going on in Southern California. You can't turn the tv on here without hearing the newest updates or about another fire that has started somewhere else. I think everyone who lives out here has been affected or knows someone who has been affected by these fires. So many lives have been altered. I don't live super close to any of the fires, but when I walk out my door I smell the burning smell and see the ash floating in the air and on my car. It is a reminder to me of how in the blink of an eye everything that people have worked so hard for can be gone. This makes me look at my priorities and think about what is really important in life.
As I have been thinking about this a song I learned a few years back keeps coming to mind. It is called Knowing You.

All I once held dear built my life upon
All this world reveres and wars to own
All I once thought gain I have counted loss
Spent and worthless now compared to this

Knowing you, Jesus, knowing you
There is no greater thing
You're my all, you're the best
You're my joy my righteousness
And I love you Lord.

Now my heart's desire is to know you more
To be found in you and known as yours
To possess by faith what I could not earn
All-surpassing gift of righteousness

Oh, to know the power of your risen life
And to know You in Your sufferings
To become like you in your death, my Lord
So with you to live and never die

(I think the song is by Graham Kendrick)

So take the time to hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight (or give them a call if they live far away), be thankful for what you have, and remember to build your life on what (who) really matters.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails