Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Camp Dunamis and SERVE

June is Camp Dunamis time in my life every year. For a short explanation about what Camp Dunamis is about see this post from last summer or just e-mail me because I love to talk about camp! Here are a few pictures from this year.



This coming Saturday starts a new adventure in my life this summer. My church is hosting a SERVE group. During SERVE we will have 125 high school youth and their leaders join us from all over the US and Canada for a week of living out their faith though service. These kids/ adults take a whole week off of work or their summer plans to serve God. This week is all about knowing God and making Him known. The participants will split up and go work in our neighborhood and surrounding area. Some will be pulling weeds, painting, and cleaning. Others will be making meals and handing food out to those in need. Some might do light construction work. I am excited to see what God will do in and through these teenagers.

Pictures and more details will definitely be coming!

2 comments:

Betsy Joy said...

yay blogs! yay jen! woohoo! :) i'm sure I'll talk to you soon... like for lunch TOMORROW! yay lunch!

(wow. i'm in a good mood! yay!)


betsy joy

Rochelle W said...

Sounds like a fun time.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails