Saturday, October 28, 2006

Opinions Please

Many of you have told me you really like seeing all the Christmas cards I have made. I have enjoyed making all kinds of Christmas cards and sharing my ideas. Here is the deal. Most of the people I want to send Christmas cards to live out of state and haven't seen me for a while so I decided to send a picture card this year. I don't usually make cards with pictures on them so I am a little stuck. I thought I would show you the picture and ask for your help. I know the picture looks a little lame because I don't have a cute picture with a husband or kids, just me--I had to work with what I had ;) Please leave me comments to tell me 1. What colors you think I should use with this picture 2. What stamps you think would look cool with this picture or 3. What layout you think would look cool. I would be so grateful for your opinions!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, that is really cool for a picture. I'm not sure about stamp sets,(snow flakes would not cut it :grin: I'm gonna pull out my catalogue you got my brain spinning) but what about Bravo Burgandy and Night of Navy for card stock?

Erica T

Anonymous said...

I think a poinsettia cut out in the upper right corner directly onto the photo to fill the corner. And it would tie into Christmas... Thinking poinsettia gold embossed onto Burgundy cardstock and cut out. Then layer a piece of Artichoke green Cardstock behind the photo and then onto the Burgundy card... or something like that ;-)

Claudia in Columbus, GA

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking a cut-away card would be cool...maybe a pine bough around it (I have that wheel) with an ornament hanging down in the upper right corner. Or Christmas lights (I have cool stuff for that but it's not SU). As far as color I would need to play with some CS with the pic in hand.

Anonymous said...

Super cute pic Jen!

I say you go with a different color combo than the "traditional" Christmas-y colors, KWIM? I loved Jami's combo from the Mini Mania - Cool Caribbean, Regal Rose and Celery. Or Bashful Blue, Celery and Real Red might be cool too. As far as a layout, I'd keep it simple but add some easy details like the ticket corner punch, ribbon or brads. Depends on how many you need to make I guess. Whatever you decide I'd love to see it - you're super creative! Take care!! :o)

Anonymous said...

Ok, that's just crazy!! Jami and I just posted at the same time and I mentioned her in my comment. Whoa! :o)

Joan said...

Maybe some creamy caramel cardstock as a base with some blue snowflakes just to be a wise guy??? Great blog. Just found it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails