Sunday, May 17, 2009

Kindergarten Open House

I thought I would share a few pictures from my open house at school. The theme was Kinder "garden." There were also a lot of photos up of things the kids have done throughout the year, but I tried not to share anything too personal.


These sunshines are one of my favorite crafts we made. The students traced and cut their own hands. It took forever, but was so worth it!

This bulletin board has lima beans that we "planted" in a baggie with a wet paper towel. They actually grew really well this way. Most had roots grow and one even got to the point of growing leaves. After open house these got sent home to be planted in dirt so they could grow more. *hint: if you do lima beans this way watch out for mold...don't ask me how I know this!
The students LOVED planting flowers and watching them grow. On the board behind the plants are pictures they drew while observing their seeds and plants. They drew a picture the day we planted, after a week, and after 2 weeks. The students also put sequence cards for how a plant grows in order.

We learned a little about symmetry to make these butterflies.

Another one of my favorites. These sunflowers have a clock face as their center. The students got to pick what time their clock was (we know time by the hour) and had to write that time on one of the leaves.

2 comments:

Third Grade Thinkers said...

I am currently working on my Master's in Learning Systems Technology at the University of Arkansas in Little Rock. I am also a Kindergarten teacher in Oklahoma City. One of my projects for my school is to create a newsletter. May I please use the picture of your hand print sunshine in this newsletter (added benefit for me, later on I will not forget to do this same thing when my little angels have mastered tracing a bit better.)

Jen said...

You may totally use the picture for your newsletter. Thanks for asking.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails