Friday, May 08, 2009

Oh Blog how I have missed you!

I started teaching kindergarten full time in November and since then life has been absolutely nuts. I haven't picked up a stamp since I started teaching and honestly I haven't missed stamping much...sad huh? I just haven't thought much about it. Life goes through seasons and right now this season is full of kinder lesson plans and crafts that have supplies like construction paper and tempera paint instead of cardstock and ink. And I love it! I do use my artistic side when teaching. I love coming up with crafts and projects that kids can do and have fun with. I thought I would share the gift my kids made their moms for Mother's Day (I don't think any moms will stumble on my blog ruining the secret :) ) I bought kitchen towels (the flour sack kind) and had the kids put their handprints on them in acrylic paint. They got to choose colors, these two just happen to be aqua blue.


















This poem went with the gift:
Sometimes you get discouraged
Because I am so small,
And always leave my fingerprints
On furniture and walls.
But everyday I am growing
--I'll be grown up someday
And all these tiny handprints
Will simply fade away.
So here's a final handprint
Just so you can recall,
Exactly how my fingers looked
When I was very small.
I love you!

2 comments:

Emily said...

This is such a darling idea! I have both of my boys' prints with the poem on paper. A towel is SO clever!! Love it!

Jami said...

That is very sweet Jen! Great gift for the Moms!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails