Sunday, May 02, 2010

Halfway with nothing to show

I have been working on a bunch of projects all at the same time, but I have nothing to show for it yet.  A few of the things I finished are gifts and will have to wait for sharing and the others are all half finished :)   I can show you one of the projects I am in the middle of...

A friend gave me this table with 4 chairs saying she had seen my office chair makeover and knew I could give the table and chairs the little bit of love they needed to fix them up.  The white on the table is the backing of a table cloth.  The table was stored in a garage and I think the heat made the varnish sticky (very sticky, let me tell you!) and the table cloth stuck to it.  I spent most of yesterday trying to get the varnish off the top.

I will share more later when I am finished--the plan is to leave the top looking like wood and paint the legs black.  I have seen this look more and more recently and I love it.

After working on the table all day I treated myself to an Italian Beef Sandwhich from Portillos--Yum!   This is a Chicago based chain, but I heard that the owner vacationed to CA, and loved it here so he built a Portillo's out here too.  I don't know if that is true, but I am so glad I can get my fill of Italian beef without having to fly to Chicago every time. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails