Monday, May 03, 2010
No pattern brown shirt
A few weeks ago I tried out making my own shirt (not upcycling) from knit fabric. I didn't take pictures along the way, because I was experimenting and ended up doing a bunch of seam ripping along the way. I didn't use a pattern, I just took a shirt that fits me well and laid it on the fabric and used it as a pattern. Most of the shirt went smoothly, but the neck was supposed to be gathered and that caused a little bit of trouble. I think I ripped the seams out of the neckline 2 times if not 3. But now I am very happy with it and proud of myself for sticking with it!
This picture makes the shirt look pretty plain, but I really like how it turned out.
Trying to get a shot of the little bit of gathering (it has separate gathering at the front, on both sleeves, and the back)
Click HERE to see blog parties I link to.