Tuesday, October 03, 2006
Walking in a Winter Wonderland
I love making Christmas cards in untraditional Christmas colors. The card I made today was inspired by shoebox swap cards by Elyoho (Leann) and Denier at MiniMania.
Here are the steps for making the background--emboss resist
1. StampCrosshatch in Regal Rose on Glossy cardstock (let dry)
2. Stamp small snowflakes in Versamark on glossy
3. Brayer Pretty in Pink on glossy cardstock
4. Wipe glossy cardstock with a tissue over versamark snowflakes. Snowflakes will be white after wiped with tissue.
5. Stamp small snowflakes in Close to Cocoa
Other notes about card:
--Background paper is glossy, the main image paper is shimmery white
--I inked the big snowflake in close to cocoa ink and then used a Chocolate Chip marker to mark the lines of the snowflake I wanted darker.
--I used my color spritzer to spritz regal rose on the main image.
--"Peace" is from All Year Cheer stamp that says "Peace Joy Love"