Tuesday, March 27, 2007

I am trying to catch up on thank you cards, so when I have time to make a card and "thank you" fits with it that is the kind of card it ends up being. Todays card looked really cute in my head, but took me about 5 tries to make. My poor Cool Caribbean paper was begging me not to ruin any more sheets! I have to say this card would have been a LOT easier if I had used a coluzzle to make the circle. (If you don't have a coluzzle RUN to buy one! SU! sells the Circles and ovals I believe).

It is hard to tell what the card really looks like from the scan. There are 2 layers of acetate and then patterned paper behind that. The top layer of acetate lays flat against the card and has the saying in black staz-on and swirls in white staz-on. The layer behind that is attached with a double layer of pop dots and then curled a little also so it doesn't lay flat. The flowers are stamped on that layer in staz-on and kind of float in the background. The strips on the bottom of the front are stickers from a Simply Scrappin' kit from the catalog.
I am going to try to take a real picture with my camera to capture the card better, but you will just have to try to tell from the scan for now. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very lovely and unique!

I love this, Jen.

~Kathi

Allison Rankin said...

A super card...love the colors, acetate and layout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails