Monday, January 21, 2008

Pohnpei

I seem to have quite a few friends that are missionaries in other countries. Maybe it is because people get to know me and then need to get as far away from me as possible so they move to another country. ;) Just kidding. I think it is more that the type of people I like to hang out with and am closest to are people that have the same passion for ministry that I have. And when you follow a calling that is higher than yourself life can take you to some pretty unpredictable places. Some are called to use their gifts locally and others find themselves called far away. My friends Thomas and Carrie are teaching right now in Pohnpei (see my sidebar for their blog). I know that they have had a little bit of a hard adjustment to their new location so I was excited to send them a Christmas care package with a few goodies from the states. They wrote me a nice letter back and included this very cool homemade Pohnpeian ornament. Isn't it fun? I have it hanging as a reminder to pray for them as they serve in Pohnpei.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails