Sunday, September 07, 2008

One Touch

I was standing at the checkout counter at Target searching my purse for enough money to pay when the cashier started talking about reading "the book"...I thought he was talking to someone else until he kept talking and I looked up and realized he was looking at my shirt that had a cross on it. He said something about how he had read part of the Bible once and he had a sadness in his eyes when he said that he wasn't where he should be, he wasn't living life how he should. I have to admit that I was a little bit at a loss for words. I don't know exactly what I said, (later I thought about all of the things I "should" have said), but I tried to share in the minute that I had that no matter how far away we are from God, He is always there waiting for us to return. There is no place that we can go that is too far for God to rescue us from. He just looked at me like he couldn't believe it and told me he was too far away. I left that day with a sadness in my heart for the lack of hope in this young man's life.

In the Bible Jesus often went to those that others considered "hopeless," people that probably had lost hope themselves, and He healed them. He often healed their physical ailments, but He also healed their spiritual ailments. There was no one too dirty, too sinful, too hopeless to heal.
He still heals today.

Nicole C Mullen was another one of the singers/speakers at the Women of Faith conference. One of the songs she performed was called "One Touch." It is a song about the story from Luke 8:43-48, where a woman who had been struggling with a bleeding problem for 12 years reached through a crushing crowd just to touch the hem of Jesus' garment and be healed. But the song isn't just about that Bible story, it is also about people today. People who are pushed down by their issues and are longing for some hope. Reach out and touch him, He is right there waiting, He will make you whole again.

Click to listen to ONE TOUCH by Nicole C Mullen

1 comment:

Debra said...

I prayed for the man in your post today. TFS

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails