Sunday, February 06, 2011

CHA #2 Silhouette

I didn't have much time to take pictures while visiting booths because I was too busy oohing and aahing over all of the cool stuff that is coming out...too bad I can't show you most of it ;)  My friend Rachel who I walked around with for a whole day took some amazing pictures (and her camera wasn't bothered by the awful picture lighting) so be sure to check out her blog, Gingerbread Gal, if you want to see more.

My absolute favorite tool that I have to have is the Silhouette!  I will save the commercial and send you to the Silhouette site for more details, but it is basically a fancy cutter that can cut all sorts of shapes on fabric, paper, vinyl, heat transfer, contact paper, etc.  The possibilities of projects you could use a Silhouette for are endless!  The first day their make-and-take was an apron.  We got to use the Silhouette to cut out a fancy flower and butterfly on a heat transfer sheet and put it on an apron.  The silver parts are the heat transfer that the Silhouette cut out.
I went back the last day to take a picture of this wonderful machine and they were making 3D flowers out of paper...so fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails