Monday, September 10, 2007

Movie Monday--Brandon Heath--I'm Not Who I was

This song is called "I'm Not Who I was."
I saw an interview with Brandon Heath who was talking about how he wrote the song. He said he was looking at a box of old photos and a memory came back of a person who had hurt him in the past. So he wrote the song as if it were a letter to that person.

I think we all have people in our past who have wounded us deeply. (And if we think about it we probably can think of a time when we were the ones that caused someone else pain) Forgiveness isn't easy. And even when we forgive we sometimes still feel the sting of the hurt.
My favorite line is "The thing I find most amazing about amazing grace is the chance to give it out, maybe that's what love is all about."
Is there someone you need to extend grace to?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From Kathi Ann:

I love this entire post, Jen. You are such a thoughtful, sweet woman. It's been fun getting to know you and listening to the changes in you as you have grown over the last year (or two now?).

A while back, I contacted people from my past that I felt I had hurt and it was a very positive experience. Often others forgive us more easily than we forgive ourselves. Grace is also a gift for ourselves. Isn't it wonderful that God loves us with all of our faults and that this love teaches us forgiveness?

Hugs and Tfs~

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails