Monday, February 11, 2008

Paper crafting meets food...

This week I will be featuring a few of the products that I enjoyed seeing at the CHA Convention in Anaheim. I missed the opening of CHA yesterday because I was out of town at a conference. Have no fear though, I went today full of energy and excitement, ready to scour the floors in search of new and innovative (or steadfast and forgotten) crafting items.

I found some new delicious paper lines, yummy ribbon, a few fun new tools...but I have to say my favorite booth of the day wasn't a paper crafting one. At the end of the day as we weaved our way towards the doors we ran into this great little booth that was kind of in between the papercrafting and food sections. The product being introduced was called Edibow by Sugarveil. This is edible frosting was like nothing I have ever seen before. It was thin, soft, and pliable and could be made into different shapes. The cool part was it was thin enough to use a regular papercrafting punch on it to make different shapes or punch a fancy border! Here are a few pictures so you get the idea.

You can see the frosting package in the background of this picture. It comes as a powder that you mix with boiling water. You put it on a mat and comb it with a special comb to make a thin layer. After the frosting dries you can peel it up and that is where the fun begins!
Check out the "lace" made for this cake...
and I have never seen better dressed gingerbread cookies!
They even had a picture of a wedding dress made entirely out of this frosting...interesting ;)
Is this stuff cool or what?!?!?!?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails