Sunday, March 06, 2011

Recycled Book Wreath

     I put up a hook on my front door a few months ago to hang a Christmas wreath.  The Christmas wreath has been packed away for a while and my front door was looking a little empty...so I decided to make a new wreath to pretty up my front door.  I have been seeing styrofoam balls or wreaths covered with "roses" made with recycled book pages lately and I love the look.  I had a few books in my get-rid-of pile so I decided to give it a try.  The idea of ripping apart a book made me cringe a little, but I got over it after making my first few roses. :)

        If you make one, be prepared to roll a lot of roses.  I estimate about 100 on my wreath.  Most of the roses I made using 3 pages put together, but I mixed it up a little by making some with 1 or 2 pages to make some looser and a bit smaller looking roses.

Here is a close-up.


I am not going to write a tutorial because I saw a great one you can use if you are interested in making your own. The blog is Under the table and Dreaming. I did not make mine the same was she did, but the results are pretty much the same.


I don't know if I will leave it on my front door or not.  I am a little worried about it getting wet.  I really like the end result though!


Linked up to these parties:
Tatertots and Jello: Weekend Wrap
Feature Yourself Friday
Sunday Showcase
Whatever Goes Wednesday
Made by You Monday at Skip to my Lou
DIY under $5

7 comments:

Ruth said...

I love yours too. I used old books because I like the old color of the pages but it did make it a bit harder to work with. I want to try rosettes with newer paper too.

Ruth

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Wow - what a great project! A little time sensitive, but the end result is well worth it. Excellent.

Kitty B said...

Gorgeous! I ordered a couple of these type wreaths for a friends wedding! She is using them on the chapel doors! I absolutely love this look!

selena said...

Awesome wreath! It looks beautiful- can't wait to try and make one!

The Extra Ordinary Bree said...

Wow that is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

It looks great! You have a lot more patience than I do! Thanks for linking up with DIY for under $5!

Anonymous said...

I love this wreath. I am actually in the process of making one. Seeing yours gave me so motivation to get mine done.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails