Have you ever started a DIY project only to realize it was way bigger than you realized? Being a beginner this is usually what happens to me!
For probably the past year I had been looking around for something to fix up into a tv stand to get rid of my huge tv cabinet that took up too much room. I thought I would use a dresser and had been searching Craigslist. I actually almost bought one, but nothing seemed "just right" and at the right price.
My neighbor was throwing this old desk away because he had tried to stain it and it didn't really turn out right. If you look at the pictures below you can see how uneven the stain is, especially on the side. The desk also had some deep scratches in it and just wasn't in really good shape. When I asked if I could have the desk he laughed, but gave it to me...that's where my journey started. ;)
I was so excited to try to make the desk into a television stand. I started working on it bit by bit during Christmas break. Unfortunately this desk has required a lot of sanding and painting (a little resanding and repainting too) and the weather has been quite rainy and not paint friendly the last few months. So here we are in March and I am SO CLOSE to finally finishing.
Here are a few before pictures from the day I started working on it. Come back on Monday to see the big reveal!