Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend Book Review "Sidney & Norman"

    The book I am sharing for this weekend's book review is in my top ten favorite children's picture books.  I love that it has a lesson that is meaningful for kids AND adults.  The book is Sidney & Norman a tale of two pigs, by Phil Vischer (The Veggie Tale guy).  I first heard the story in an elementary school chapel a few years ago. I recently heard it again during a talk for a high school youth group.  The book fit both ages so well!  After I heard it the last time I went online and bought 4 copies.  One for me and 3 for gifts...that is how much I like this book.
  The book is about two pigs who are next door neighbors--Sidney and Norman. Norman is a pig who has his life all in order.  He is always on time, always dresses nicely, his house is neat, and he did/does well at school/work.  He can't see why others can't just try harder and be like him.  Sidney on the other hand is a mess.  He is always late, his tie is never straight, his house is messy, and some mornings he doesn't even want to get out of bed.   Both Norman and Sidney get a letter from God telling them He wants to see each of them.  Norman assumes God is going to tell him what a great job he is doing.  Sydney equates going to see God with being sent to the principals office, he is sure he is in trouble.  I won't ruin the ending, but God has a message for each pig that day and both of them leave changed.   Whether you can relate with Norman OR Sidney (or sometimes one and sometimes the other), this book has a message of God's love for you too.
  
  If you are interested in getting this book, Amazon has it for $10.87 right now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails